OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
MONTREAL SPRING 2016 SAMPLE SALE CONTEST
The Montreal Spring 2016 Sample Sale Contest (the “Contest”) will take place from March 30th, 2016 at 9 a.m. (EDT) to April 3rd, 2016 at 9 a.m. (EDT) (the “Promotion Period”). This Contest is sponsored by RUDSAK Inc. (“Sponsor”).
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
No purchase necessary.
There is one (1) mean of entry available to participate in the contest.
Participant must be amongst the first one hundred (100) in-person entrants or less, present before the doors to the Montreal Sample Sale open to the public at 9160, Boul. St-Laurent, 2nd floor, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2N 1M9. One in-person entrant will be selected on each day at the moment where the Sample Sale doors open to the public between March 30th and April 3rd. The Sample Sale doors open at 10 a.m. daily.
Each of the first One Hundred (100) entrants or less, present before the Sample Sale doors open, will be given a numbered ticket, which will be entered into the daily draw.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada having reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides at the beginning of the Promotion Period.
The directors, officers, agents and employees of the Sponsor and all of their respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, and the advertising and promotional agencies and members’ of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings and parents) as well as any person with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
All applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each participant acknowledges and accepts these Official Rules.
One (1) participant’s ticket number will be randomly selected by way of a random draw by employees of the Sponsor, on each day between March 30th and April 3rd, which draw shall take place when the Sample Sale doors open on the second floor at the head office of the Sponsor located at 9160 boul. St-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2N1M9. The random selection of the winner will be made amongst the daily ticket numbers entered into the daily draw on each day of the Promotion Period, for a total of five (5) winners during the entire Promotion Period.
The winner will be notified by way of verbal call and posting of the selected number on the doors of the sample sale on the second floor of 9160 boul. St-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2N 1M9. The winner shall have 15 minutes to claim its prize at the cash of the Sample Sale failing which another numbered ticket shall be selected at random. In the event where the winner is otherwise disqualified, another ticket will be selected at random.
In order to be declared a confirmed winner, the selected participant will be required to correctly answer without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill testing question to be administered by a representative of the Sponsor during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call or by such other means as the Sponsor may require.
DESCRIPTION OF THE FIVE (5) PRIZES:
There will be five (5) prizes (herein referred to as the “Prizes”).
The five (5) Prizes consist of five (5) vouchers valued at two hundred ($200) dollars each, valid for redemption at the Montreal Spring 2016 Sample Sale only, for a total of one thousand ($1,000) dollars. The Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. Limit of one (1) Prize per selected participant.
- Any intentional attempt to disrupt the present Contest infringes on civil and/or criminal laws and the Sponsor reserve the right to seek reparation by way of all available legal recourses including damages.
- By entering this Contest, each participant agrees that he/she have not purchased any equipment or services for the purpose of entering this Contest.
- The Sponsor assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, late, misdirected or ineligible entries or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (as defined below), if for any reason this Contest is not capable of being carried out as planned or due to any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor or if any act corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), the Sponsor reserve the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify a participant and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- The Sponsor and their respective affiliated entities and divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Prizes. Each participant assumes all liability for injuries or deaths caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted hereunder, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to any Prize so granted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize (or part of a Prize) awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims regarding publicity rights, defamation, identity theft, and/or invasion of privacy.
- The Prizes must be accepted as is, and no transfer shall be permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value to the Prize. A Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or gift cards. A Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. No component of any Prize may be returned after pick-up, including but not limited to, merchandise purchased with the Prize, which shall be subject to the Sample Sale terms and conditions. No rain checks shall be provided: the Prize must be redeemed at the Montreal 2016 Sample Sale to be held between March 29th and April 3rd 2016, and any unclaimed amount remaining on the voucher will be cancelled and the Prize will deemed nul and void at the moment where the Montreal 2016 Sample Sale terminates.
- In addition to the conditions of the present Official Rules and in order to be eligible to receive their Prize, the selected participants are required to file an eligibility, licence and release and discharge form, in the form prescribed by the Sponsor immediately upon having been declared winner.
- Any selected participant who fails to abide by the terms set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified and may, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be banned from participating in Sponsor’s contests for a period to be determined by the Sponsor, without prejudice to the Sponsor’s right to seek additional remedies for any damages that it may have incurred due to the breach of these Official Rules by such participant. Should any of the selected participants be disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- The number selected by draw daily will be posted on the doors of the Sample Sale on each day of the Promotion Period.
- For Québec Participants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Rudsak will immediately notify the Régie in writing of the cancellation of this contest or of changes made to these Official Rules after the prescribed form referred to in section 59 of the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines has been filed with the Régie.
- For a copy of these Official Rules go to www.facebook.com/rudsak or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Rudsak, 9160 boul St-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2N 1M9, ATTENTION: Rudsak Customer Service.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English version of the Official Rules, the French version shall prevail. / Dans l’éventualité d’une contradiction entre la version française et la version anglaise des présents réglements, la version française aura préséance.