OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
MOTHER'S DAY TWITTER GIVEAWAY
The Mother’s Day Twitter giveaway (the “Contest”) will take place from April 28th, 2016 at 9 a.m. (EDT) to May 5th, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. (EDT) (the “Promotion Period”).
This Contest is sponsored by RUDSAK Inc. (the “Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase chances of winning.
To participate in the Contest:
1- Follow @RUDSAK on Twitter,
2- Post a tweet using the #RUDSAKGIVEAWAY or #CONCOURSRUDSAK hashtag.
3- Mention the colour of the RUDSAK “PLUSH” bag you would like to win: COBALT, BLACK or NATURAL.
4- Twitter account needs to be public, private accounts are not eligible.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entries that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, shall also be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry (one tweet) per person, per valid Twitter account, for the Promotion Period. Any participant found to be using ore than one Twitter account will ipso facto be declared ineligible to participate in the contest.
By entering, each participant agrees to comply completely and unconditionally with the present Official Rules, as well as the rules of Twitter, which can be found here. Any fees incurred by a participant to enter the Contest, if any, are the sole responsibility of the participant and will not be reimbursed by the Sponsor.
By participating in the Contest, you are providing your personal information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter. By participating in this Contest, you agree to and deemed to effectively release and forever discharge Twitter from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada having reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides at the beginning of the Promotion Period.
The directors, officers, agents and employees of the Sponsor and all of their respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, and the advertising and promotional agencies and members’ of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings and parents) as well as any person with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
All applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each participant acknowledges and accepts these Official Rules.
Three (3) participants will be randomly selected by way of a draw by employees of the Sponsor at 12 p.m. (EDT), on May 6th, in Montreal, Quebec, at 9160 St Laurent, H2N 1M9. The random selection of winners will be made amongst all valid entries cumulatively received throughout the Promotion Period at said dates. The randomly selected participants who will claim their prize and correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question will be declared winners, provided they comply with the provision and conditions described in these Official Contest Rules.
The winners will be notified on Twitter, tagged in a post (the “First tentative of contact”) during the day of the draw. In the event where the winner, does not claim it via Twitter the Prize within 48 hours following the First tentative of contact, or is otherwise disqualified from the Contest, another participant may or may not be selected, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Sponsor chooses to select another participant, the selection will be made amongst all remaining valid entries received at the date of the draw for which the selected entry was disqualified.
In order to be declared a confirmed winner, the selected participant will be required to correctly answer without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill testing question to be administered by a representative of the Sponsor during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call or by such other means as the Sponsor may require.
DESCRIPTION OF THE THREE (3) PRIZES:
There will be three (3) prizes (herein collectively referred to as the “Prizes”).
The three (3) prizes each consist of:
Three (3) RUDSAK PLUSH bags: one COBALT, one BLACK, and one NATURAL. The Prizes are non-redeemable for neither cash nor gift cards. If the item selected is not available, the participant will be asked to choose another single RUDSAK item sold in a RUDSAK retail store or available at www.RUDSAK.com for a maximum value of $1000 excluding applicable sales taxes. All values in Canadian currency. Limit of one Prize per selected participant. Confirmed winners will have two (2) days from the moment where they are declared as a confirmed winner to select and claim their Prize via private message on Twitter (instructions to be provided to confirmed winners). Any Prize not selected after the two (2) days’ time period lapses will be declared abandoned by the confirmed winner who will be deemed having renounced to his right of claiming his Prize which will be thereby be null and void.
- Any intentional attempt to disrupt the present Contest infringes on civil and/or criminal laws and the Sponsor reserve the right to seek reparation by way of all available legal recourses including damages.
- By entering this Contest, each participant agrees that he/she have not purchased electronic equipment, Internet or telephone services for the purpose of entering this Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant, the authorized user of the Twitter account attached to the entry selected at random shall be deemed to be the selected participant. A participant may be required to show proof that he is the authorized user of the Twitter account for which the entry was selected.
- By participating each participant warrants that the tweet submitted is original and every submission must come from a valid Twitter account. In addition, each participant agrees and acknowledges the Sponsor’s right to eliminate entries that oppose the brand’s message, are obscene, distasteful, discriminatory, or promote unsafe or unlawful behavior.
- The Sponsor bears no responsibility for any failure of the Twitter application, the account http://twitter.com/RUDSAK of RUDSAK during the Promotion Period or for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or e-mail failure. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, late, misdirected or ineligible entries or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions, which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (as defined below), if for any reason this Contest is not capable of being carried out as planned (due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor or if any act corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify a participant and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Under no circumstances shall the Sponsor be liable for any losses or damages from the use of or reliance on, the information on the Websites (the “Information”) or use of the Websites. The Sponsor makes no warranty or guarantee as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Information or that the Information may be relied upon for any reason.
- The Sponsor and their respective affiliated entities and divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Prize. Each participant assumes all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted hereunder, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to any Prize so granted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize (or part of a Prize) awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims regarding publicity rights, defamation, identity theft, and/or invasion of privacy.
- A Prize must be accepted as is, and no transfer, product substitution or prize equivalent shall be permitted without the permission of the Sponsor. If a Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor or for any other reason whatsoever, the Sponsor reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value to the Prize or the unawarded portion of the Prize as the case may be. A Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or gift cards. A Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other Contest or offer.
- Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
- All expenses related to the receipt and use of the Prizes, including travel, lodging, surcharges, fees, insurances, taxes (federal, provincial and local) and incidentals if any, are the sole responsibility of each Prize winning participant.
- In addition to the conditions of the present Official Rules and in order to be eligible to receive their Prize, the selected participants are required to file an eligibility, licence and release and discharge form, in the form prescribed by the Sponsor within two (2) days after having been declared winner.
- Any selected participant who fails to abide by the terms set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified and may, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be banned from participating in Sponsor’s Contests for a period to be determined by the Sponsor, without prejudice to the Sponsor’s right to seek additional remedies for any damages that it may have incurred due to the breach of these Official Rules by such participant. Should any of the selected participants be disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- The name of the confirmed winners who will have correctly completed the skill testing question will be posted online at the latest on May 7thth, 2016.
- For Québec Participants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. RUDSAK will immediately notify the Régie in writing of the cancellation of this Contest or of changes made to these Official Rules after the prescribed form referred to in section 59 of the Act respecting lotteries, publicity Contests and amusement machines has been filed with the Régie.
- For a copy of these Official Rules go to www.twitter/RUDSAK or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: RUDSAK, 9160 boul St-Laurent, Suite 400, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2N 1M9, ATTENTION: RUDSAK Customer Service.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English version of the Official Rules, the French version shall prevail. / Dans l’éventualité d’une contradiction entre la version française et la version anglaise des présents réglements, la version française aura préséance.