OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
RUDSAK CYBER MONDAY CONTEST
The RUDSAK Cyber Monday Contest (the “Contest”) will take place from Monday, November 28th, 2016 at 00:00:00 a.m. (EDT) to Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EDT) (the “Promotion Period”).
This Contest is sponsored by RUDSAK Inc. (“Sponsor”).
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
No purchase necessary.
There are two (2) means of entry to participate in the contest.
2- Send a letter of participation by mail including the following participant’s contact information: full name, home address, age and email address. The letter must be received during the Promotion Period at the following address: RUDSAK’s Cyber Monday Contest, 9160 boul. St-Laurent, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2N 1M9 in Montreal, Quebec.
Limit of one (1) entry per valid email address and physical person for the Promotion Period. All additional entries will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entries that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the present official Rules, shall also be disqualified.
By participating to the present contest, each participant agrees to comply with the present Official Rules. Any fees incurred by a participant to enter the Contest, if any, are the sole responsibility of the participant and will not be reimbursed by the Sponsor. Participation letters and online orders will be, for the purposes of the present contest, deemed to be entries.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada having reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides at the beginning of the Promotion Period.
The directors, officers, agents and employees of the Sponsor and all of their respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, and the advertising and promotional agencies and members’ of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings and parents) as well as any person with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
All applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each participant acknowledges and accepts these Official Rules.
Eleven (11) participants will be randomly selected by way of a draw by employees of the Sponsor, on November 30th, 2016 at 10 a.m. (EDT) at the head office of the Sponsor located at 9160 boul. St-Laurent, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2N 1M9 in Montreal, Quebec. The random selection of the winner will be made amongst all valid entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The randomly selected participants will receive an e-mail from The Sponsor and will be asked to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question in order to claim his or her prize and be declared the winner, provided he or she complies with the provisions and conditions described in these Official Rules.
Each winner will be notified by e-mail using the contact information on its entry. In the event where the winner cannot be reached, does not claim the Prize after a twenty four (24) hour period following the first tentative of contact, or is otherwise disqualified from the Contest, another participant may or may not be selected, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Sponsor chooses to select another participant, the selection will be made amongst all remaining valid entries.
In order to be declared a confirmed winner, the selected participant will be required to correctly answer without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill testing question to be administered by a representative of the Sponsor during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call or by such other means as the Sponsor may require.
In order to be declared winner, the winner must confirm his or her availability to attend the event specified in the Prize. The date of the event shall be provided by Sponsor and non-negotiable. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-assignable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PRIZE (11):
There will be eleven (11) prizes (herein referred to as the “Prizes”).
The Prizes consists of:
(i) One (1) RUDSAK gift card in the amount of Five Hundred Canadian Dollars (CAD $500), redeemable at a RUDSAK store;
(ii) Ten (10) RUDSAK gift cards in the amount of Fifty Canadian Dollars (CAD $50), redeemable at a RUDSAK store;
The aggregate retail value of the Prize is One Thousand Dollars ($1000). The Prize is non-redeemable for cash.
- Any intentional attempt to disrupt the present Contest infringes on civil and/or criminal laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek reparation by way of all available legal recourses including damages.
- By entering this Contest, each participant agrees that he/she has not purchased electronic equipment, Internet or telephone services for the purpose of entering this Contest.
- The Sponsor bears no responsibility for any failure of the https://www.rudsak.com website (herein referred to as the “Website”) during the Promotion Period or for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or e-mail failure nor for interruption of mail services. The Sponsor assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, late, misdirected or ineligible entries or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (as defined below), if for any reason this Contest is not capable of being carried out as planned (due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor or if any act corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), the Sponsor reserve the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify a participant and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Under no circumstances shall the Sponsor be liable for any losses or damages from the use of or reliance on, the information on the Websites (the “Information”) or use of the Websites. The Sponsor make no warranty or guarantee as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Information or that the Information may be relied upon for any reason.
- The Sponsor and their respective affiliated entities and divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Prize. Each participant assumes all liability for injuries or deaths caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted hereunder, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to any Prize so granted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize (or part of a Prize) awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims regarding publicity rights, defamation, identity theft, and/or invasion of privacy.
- The Prize must be accepted as is, and no transfer shall be permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value to the Prize. The Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. No component of any Prize may be returned after pick-up. No rain checks shall be provided.
- Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
- Expenses related to the receipt and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. Each winner will be responsible for all additional expenses not specified as being included in the Prize.
- In addition to the conditions of the present Official Rules and in order to be eligible to receive their Prize, the selected participants are required to file an eligibility, licence and release and discharge form, in the form prescribed by the Sponsor within five (5) days after having been declared winner.
- Any selected participant who fails to abide by the terms set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified and may, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be banned from participating in Sponsor’s contests for a period to be determined by the Sponsor, without prejudice to the Sponsor’s right to seek additional remedies for any damages that it may have incurred due to the breach of these Official Rules by such participant. Should any of the selected participants be disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- The name of the confirmed winners having correctly completed the skill testing question will be posted online on https://www.rudsak.com/en/contest-rules/ at the latest on November 5th, 2016.
- For Québec Participants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Rudsak will immediately notify the Régie in writing of the cancellation of this contest or of changes made to these Official Rules after the prescribed form referred to in section 59 of the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines has been filed with the Régie.
- For a copy of these Official Rules go to https://www.rudsak.com/en/contest-rules/ or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Rudsak, 9160 boul St-Laurent, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2N 1M9, ATTENTION: Rudsak Customer Service.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English version of the Official Rules, the French version shall prevail. / Dans l’éventualité d’une contradiction entre la version française et la version anglaise des présents réglements, la version française aura préséance.